A Complete Guide to Root Redmi 2 Fastboot Method . This Guide is for flashing any MIUI Rom (Global/China Developer/Global Beta Build/Stable ROM) on Redmi 2 using MI Flash and Fastboot ROM(Fastboot Method).
Required Files for Flashing MIUI ROM in Fastboot Mode :
Download the ROM you need to Flash (Global/China or Developer/Stable) and ROM Flashing tool (MI Flash).
Links for ROMs and Flashing Tool:
Important: Before flashing it is advised to take the backup of data and make sure that your phone battery is charged enough.
1. Download ROM from the above link (Which Oneyou Want to Flash) and extract it to Desktop.
Note: – Some users get error while extracting onDesktop Because there is space in the username of PC or the folder as shown.
The users should put the ROM In C Drive in a folder without spaces. E,g C:/ROM/MIUI
The Error shown when using space between folder name.
2. Download flashing tool from the above link and install it.
3. Once installation is complete, Run MiFlash application.
4. Click on browse.
5. Select ROM folder from Desktop(From the location where ROM is saved)
Note: -The path of the ROM folder Should be like “C:UsersxdaupdatesDesktopMIUI” Not “C:UsersxdaupdatesDesktopMIUIimages”
The MIUI Rom folder should Contain the following files.
6. Turn off the phone, press the Volume Down keyand the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode, then connect the phone to a computer.
7. Press Refresh button to see you device in flashing tool.
After pressing refresh button you will see connected device.
Here You have 3 options to select.
Choose the options carefully as per your need:-
1. Flash_all:- Clears all the data of the built-in storage, clear all user data, please be careful!(Clean Install)
2. Flash_all_except_storaget:- Will erase all user data does not clear the built-in storage data.
3. Flash_all_except_data_storage:- Does not clear the built-in storage data does not clear user data
Note:- It is advised to take all personal data backup on PC/Laptop 8. Click on Flash and it will start process.
9. Once flashing process completes.
Device will automatically reboot. Reboot might take upto 5 minutes. Thus Flashing the MIUI Rom is done easily.