Today we will talk out Xiaomi’s Exclusive smartphone for India, yes. It’s Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon Version & It is right here for Review.
Redmi Note 3 Specifications:
- 4G/3G/2G Device
- 5.5″ Full HD (1920 x 1080p) Sunlight Display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 – 1.8 GHz Hexacore Processor- Adreno 510 GPU
- VoLTE Support
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 2GB/3GB LPDDR3 RAM -16GB/32GB Internal Memory
- Hybrid Dual SIM (MicroSIM + NanoSIM/microSD card)
- Expandable Memory up to 128 GB on SIM Slot 2 using microSD card
- 16 Megapixel Rear Camera with 0.1s ultra-fast PDAF, Dual LED flash- 1080p Video recording- 5 Megapixel Front Camera
- 4050 mAh Non-removable battery
- IR Blaster
- USB OTG Support
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, A-GPS
- MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop
- Colors: Silver/Gold/Grey
Now move to complete review with Design, Performance, and all other Specific Qualities.
Do you remember Redmi Note 2, It’s younger brother and Xiaomi didn’t change the design that much. they replaced the plastic body to aluminum body. Two more things are added like Dual flash and Finger Print sensor on the back.
- With this change, they also changed the button color for redmi series. RN3 consists a shiny Metal body and It feels more premium while holding the device. Xiaomi used metal for Redmi series and Redmi series is known for Budget. This simply states that a Normal user can feel more Premium with this device at the same price.
- For Gold and Grey variants, the front is covered with Black glass and white is similar to Mi 4/ Mi Note. Navigation buttons are similar to device color. This time, color combination is more improved.
- Now Look at it’s back, Main Camera is located on the center top below that Dual LED Flash, and Just below that Fingerprint Sensor is located & One good thing about this is You can setup your Index finger perfectly at this area. we are able to cover 9/10 correct unlocking. If you use your finger correctly you may not get an error.
- Do you know there are two plastic bands at the back’s top and bottom and they cover the device antenna. Xiaomi designed them very carefully, you barely spot that plastic is used with the metal. Good Job Xiaomi.
- Because of Metal Surface Redmi Note 3 is not good at handling as Redmi Note 2 was. Because of Curved shape, It feels good but Metal surface makes the device more slippery than the matte surface but It’s cool if you look from a positive note.
Sides of the Redmi Note 3
There is an ejectable SIM tray on the Left Side of Device. It is a Hybrid Dual SIM card slot in which you can insert “MicroSIM + NanoSIM/microSD card”.
As Xiaomi is following the same Volume Rockers and Power button are on the right side of the device.
From the Top side of device “the audio jack, the IR blaster, and the secondary microphone” are present there.
The microUSB port and the primary mic are placed at the bottom.
This device sports a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution which has a pixel density of 403ppi. The display looks good but there is some issue or you can say it lacks in contrast and resolution. we have many other devices which have a better display at this price. Sunlight readability is Impressive in this device.
In terms of Battery, It got 30% more power from its predecessor as Xiaomi installed a 4000mAh battery in this. With the complete use of Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter with push notification we end up with 38% of battery in one day. RN3 did well across all tests of 4G,3G Video Playback, Browsing and other tests.
In terms of Connectivity, RN3 supports 7 LTE bands, with LTE+GSM and 3G+3G.The rest of the connectivity features like dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac support and Wi-Fi Direct. The basics like Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and GLONASS, plus an FM radio are also supported. A mircroUSB 2.0 port is present there. It also supports OTG (on-the-go). Wireless screen mirroring is also available via the Miracast protocol.
One of the catchy things is IR Blaster is capable of operating any type of gadget out of the box. Mi remote app is there you can setup your remote and you are ready to play.
Xiaomi has updated the device with the latest version of MIUI 7 which is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, As you know MIUI is very customizable ROM and There are more than Million users of this particular OS known as MIUIers. In Indian version Play Store is already installed and there is no need to install GApps. Xiaomi is popular because of It’s skinned android ROM MIUI and very soon they will feed Updated MIUI with Android 6 or 6.1.
Performance and Hardware
Redmi Note 3 sports Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor up to 1.8 GHz (2x ARM® Cortex™ A72, 4x ARM Cortex A53) and supports 4G+ network which is significantly faster than the 4G network. backed with 2/3GB of RAM with 16/32 Internal Memory. There is Adreno 510 GPU supports DirectX 12 and OpenGL ES 3.1 which certainly gives you a better gaming experience.
The Redmi Note 3 scored 76064 in AnTuTu Benchmark 6.0.1
A new addition to hardware is the fingerprint scanner on the back, which is accurate and fast. & Speakers are impressive too.
The Redmi Note 3 comes with a 16 Megapixel Rear Camera with 0.1s ultra-fast PDAF, Dual LED flash capable of 1080p Video recording and 5 Megapixel Front Camera for Selfies. There are camera filters available, with HDR you can take the best of Images. In Slow mo mode quality is not up to mark you can check below.
Slow Mo Sample:
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is one of the best as after testing we are proud of this device at this price but LeEco Le 1s is impressive too. In terms of performance, Redmi Note 3 is amazing. If you like to test one then buy the device after launch you won’t regret of having this device. as money is yours, think again before buying.